RGEnriseAcademy
Welcome to RGE academy.If your interested in joining schedule a test after registering.
RGEnriseAcademy
Welcome to RGE academy.If your interested in joining schedule a test after registering.
RGEnriseAcademy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for the members of Rg to connect.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» conquests on DN
Underrated cards #2: Mind crush EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 5:45 pm by aznjadn

» Sadly,the time has come
Underrated cards #2: Mind crush EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 11:02 pm by MoondarSaebjorn

» ReactionGod vs ReactionGodEnrise important!
Underrated cards #2: Mind crush EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 5:51 pm by Ultimatefail9412

» harpie brother/sky scout
Underrated cards #2: Mind crush EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 11:59 pm by MoondarSaebjorn

» chingling27#2
Underrated cards #2: Mind crush EmptySat May 18, 2013 8:45 pm by aznjadn

» Wind-up???
Underrated cards #2: Mind crush EmptySun May 12, 2013 6:43 pm by tony101

» Derrekle the douche
Underrated cards #2: Mind crush EmptySat May 11, 2013 1:18 am by aznjadn

» Rise of the Trivia!
Underrated cards #2: Mind crush EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:19 pm by MoondarSaebjorn

» I want to war <_<
Underrated cards #2: Mind crush EmptyWed May 08, 2013 7:29 pm by MoondarSaebjorn

Most Viewed Topics
Just beat Jeff Jones
Continue the story..
conquests on DN
Last Post Wins!
Character creation
RGE War Message/Explanation of Wars
Benkbenk1112's shop
Acquired skill vs set skill.
War team qualification question
Blackbird's Shop
Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Poll
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 34 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:23 am
Most active topics
Continue the story..
conquests on DN
Last Post Wins!
War team qualification question
Character creation
Acquired skill vs set skill.
Blackbird's Shop
RGE War Message/Explanation of Wars
Benkbenk1112's shop
War team recruiting

Underrated cards #2: Mind crush

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
blackbird69

RGPoints : 10347

Underrated cards #2: Mind crush Empty
PostSubject: Underrated cards #2: Mind crush   Underrated cards #2: Mind crush EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 8:15 pm

With the March 2013 ban list officially announced, I thought it would be cool to write an article on a card that moved from semi-limited, off the ban list. I am speaking of mind crush, one of the most underrated cards in the game. I am not saying that this card should be main decked (although it could be), but it is a fantastic card.

If you are unfamiliar with mind crush, here it is:
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Mind_Crush

The effect of mind crush reads: Declare 1 card name; if that card is in your opponent's hand, they must discard all copies of it, otherwise you discard 1 random card.
In case you are confused, YOU GET TO LOOK AT YOUR OPPONENT”S HAND FOR FREE, AND DISCARD A CARD FROM IT (if they happen to have multiples of the card, then all of them go to the grave).

Why don’t we look at some of the tier 1 decks at the moment (this is in no particular order):
1) Merlanteans
2) Dino/Macro Rabbit
3) Fire Fist
4) Wind-ups (let’s face it: we know they will make a comeback)

Merlanteans- This card is better against this deck than any other. Because Abyssmegalo and Abyssteus must be revealed before being summoned, you can chain mind crush, and force them to discard it. You opponent will take a huge minus from this (especially if it was megalo), and this one card can ultimately win you the game. Besides this, you can also stop searches from dragoons, undine, and abysspike.
Macro Rabbit- If not for this deck, I would recommend main decking mind crush. Mind crush simply does not hurt this deck as much as it should because it does not search the deck as much as the others.
Fire Fist- mind crush is amazing against fire fist! It stops tenki all day! Knowing what the opponent is holding is also a huge bonus because you will know how to counter it.
Wind-ups- wind-ups are another deck that mind crush destroys. Don’t you hate it when you get magician shark’d? Well now you don’t have to worry about it! A wind-up player must reveal shark before special summoning it via its effect. This allows you to chain mind crush and stop it. If that isn’t enough, you can also make them discard searches from factory and sangan.

Mind crush also hurts less popular rogue decks such as inzektors, heroes, and geargia

If I have not convinced you to use mind crush yet, then maybe this will help. Let’s say that you have game unless your opponent has a certain hand trap (gorz, veiler, ect.) you can use mind crush to call for the card that you are afraid of! Even if they don’t have it, you still have game anyway!
I strongly urge each and every one of you to at least give this card a chance! Feel free to leave comments below.

-Blackbird69

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Underrated cards #2: Mind crush   Underrated cards #2: Mind crush EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 10:32 pm

Good points but have you thought of cards that stop mind crush and how many decks would be screwed with this card back at 3
Back to top Go down
blackbird69

PostSubject: Re: Underrated cards #2: Mind crush   Underrated cards #2: Mind crush EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 10:35 pm

Not much stops it aside from SJ and Bribe. If you use dark worlds, then i doubt people will use it against you lol.
Back to top Go down
aznjadn
Teacher
aznjadn

RGPoints : 9514

PostSubject: Re: Underrated cards #2: Mind crush   Underrated cards #2: Mind crush EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 11:02 pm

darkworlds are freakin pro with this, its either a plus for you or a minus for your opponent
Back to top Go down
MoondarSaebjorn
Admin
MoondarSaebjorn

RGPoints : 8474

Character Info
Moondar Character:
DHalo character:

PostSubject: Re: Underrated cards #2: Mind crush   Underrated cards #2: Mind crush EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 11:29 pm

use dragged down from the grave then mind crush. a basic combo in the darkworld deck i have and never use.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Underrated cards #2: Mind crush   Underrated cards #2: Mind crush EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:45 am

not worried about magician shark any more, and i think megalo doesn't actually activate, i think its an inherent summon so u can't chain, correct me if im wrong tho.
Back to top Go down
MoondarSaebjorn
Admin
MoondarSaebjorn

Character Info
Moondar Character:
DHalo character:

PostSubject: Re: Underrated cards #2: Mind crush   Underrated cards #2: Mind crush EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 5:39 pm

either way i say forget tenki mr.firefist
Back to top Go down
blackbird69

PostSubject: Re: Underrated cards #2: Mind crush   Underrated cards #2: Mind crush EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 7:32 pm

Torao, I will correct you, because you are wrong lol
Back to top Go down
MoondarSaebjorn
Admin
MoondarSaebjorn

Character Info
Moondar Character:
DHalo character:

PostSubject: Re: Underrated cards #2: Mind crush   Underrated cards #2: Mind crush EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:40 pm

he's not inherit summon? YES. black horn of heaven works on him! i love that card
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Underrated cards #2: Mind crush   Underrated cards #2: Mind crush Empty

Back to top Go down

Underrated cards #2: Mind crush
Page 1 of 1