RGEnriseAcademy
Welcome to RGE academy.If your interested in joining schedule a test after registering.
RGEnriseAcademy
Welcome to RGE academy.If your interested in joining schedule a test after registering.
RGEnriseAcademy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for the members of Rg to connect.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» conquests on DN
Acquired skill vs set skill. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 5:45 pm by aznjadn

» Sadly,the time has come
Acquired skill vs set skill. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 11:02 pm by MoondarSaebjorn

» ReactionGod vs ReactionGodEnrise important!
Acquired skill vs set skill. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 5:51 pm by Ultimatefail9412

» harpie brother/sky scout
Acquired skill vs set skill. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 11:59 pm by MoondarSaebjorn

» chingling27#2
Acquired skill vs set skill. - Page 2 EmptySat May 18, 2013 8:45 pm by aznjadn

» Wind-up???
Acquired skill vs set skill. - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2013 6:43 pm by tony101

» Derrekle the douche
Acquired skill vs set skill. - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2013 1:18 am by aznjadn

» Rise of the Trivia!
Acquired skill vs set skill. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:19 pm by MoondarSaebjorn

» I want to war <_<
Acquired skill vs set skill. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 7:29 pm by MoondarSaebjorn

Most Viewed Topics
Just beat Jeff Jones
Continue the story..
conquests on DN
Last Post Wins!
Character creation
RGE War Message/Explanation of Wars
Benkbenk1112's shop
Acquired skill vs set skill.
War team qualification question
Blackbird's Shop
Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Poll
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 34 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:23 am
Most active topics
Continue the story..
conquests on DN
Last Post Wins!
War team qualification question
Character creation
Blackbird's Shop
RGE War Message/Explanation of Wars
Benkbenk1112's shop
War team recruiting

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Acquired skill vs set skill. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acquired skill vs set skill.   Acquired skill vs set skill. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 10:09 pm

im just posting to stop moondar from being the last one to post
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Acquired skill vs set skill.   Acquired skill vs set skill. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 10:32 pm

sammy, i like you already. By the way halo, in case you haven't noticed, a card game in general is entirely based off of hands, in poker if you just got a a royal flush, you instantly beat everyone, its the same way with this game, the difference is if your opponent sucks, or its a bad match-up, you can play out a hand well, i kinda feel like you just get pissed whenever you lose to a meta player's broken deck, but don't really get that in the meta, what separates good and a bad player is the ability to play out those bad hands. I have genuine respect for any wind-up player who has ever played out a hand and won when they got no magician, the core of basically every wind-up play, along with shark. Also, on a side note, i find it hilarious that we have this intense debate going on here, but we're still cool when we talk on dn.
Back to top Go down
MoondarSaebjorn
Admin
MoondarSaebjorn

RGPoints : 8484

Character Info
Moondar Character:
DHalo character:

PostSubject: Re: Acquired skill vs set skill.   Acquired skill vs set skill. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 8:08 pm

sammy im sorry about this but i can always find a way to be the last poster, and as for what torao said. there is a room for eveything... this room is for intense debates
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Acquired skill vs set skill.   Acquired skill vs set skill. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 8:37 pm

Torao, me and you have something in common, I like me too Razz
add me on DN and we can chat
Back to top Go down
MoondarSaebjorn
Admin
MoondarSaebjorn

Character Info
Moondar Character:
DHalo character:

PostSubject: Re: Acquired skill vs set skill.   Acquired skill vs set skill. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 8:39 pm

this is slowly going off topic... DHALO, TORAO, WE NEED TO PUT THIS BACK ON TRACK. POST SOMETHING!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Acquired skill vs set skill.   Acquired skill vs set skill. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 10:40 pm

The meta right now is awful because the top 2 decks are only able to be played by those with lots of money and are both op
Back to top Go down
(ReactionGod)DHalo
Admin
(ReactionGod)DHalo

RGPoints : 11744

PostSubject: Re: Acquired skill vs set skill.   Acquired skill vs set skill. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 11:19 pm

@Torao I dont have a problem losing.Meta decks counter the idea of creativity and limit players to the same plays given in their little "guide book". I'd lose gracefully,if and only if the opponent doesnt play a gay deck.Kinda like Hieratcis.They are autoplay as heck.Tributuing monsters from hands?Thats basicly just waiting to be exploited.Furthermore, once more why are meta meta in the 1st place?They are broken.Simple as that.Meta basicly says "this deck was made to be better than most decks,no matter how much work you put into it because we as an archetype have enough broken support to topple you".Simple as that bro.And yea its a heated discussion mut it gets you thinking lol.
Back to top Go down
https://rgenriseacademy.rpg-board.net
MoondarSaebjorn
Admin
MoondarSaebjorn

Character Info
Moondar Character:
DHalo character:

PostSubject: Re: Acquired skill vs set skill.   Acquired skill vs set skill. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 12:33 am

well defended dhalo. I think sadly that the meta is what pulls quite a few ppl to yugioh over things like vangaurd or MTG, the other massively played tcg's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Acquired skill vs set skill.   Acquired skill vs set skill. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 11:07 pm

You never seem to address the fact that it actually takes skill to play out a deck's bad hands, and in the case of hieratics, they're fair because they can be stopped so easily, as with most pure otk decks on top of that, if their initial push fails they lose since the best monster on field tends to be gustaph, wich is decently easy to stop. Yeah, i acknowledge that meta decks are better than others no matter what you do, but it's not like you can't have a really competitive creative deck either, we're all looking at you Grandsoil Psychics. Also, moondar, i play vanguard and tried magic for a little bit. In vanguard, we have this same meta issue, once DOTE comes out here in tcg, the game is basically screwed and kagero cards are selling out everywhere since everyone's getting ready for it. In case you know nothing about vanguard, DOTE can stand himself up again by discarding a copy of him from hand if his attack hits, that means that he can use his twin drive again, which is essentially drawing 2 more cards, and a DOTE in hand is useless anyway if you're already riding it, so its more like getting a +2. On the bright side, people are gonna stop complaining about me using gold pallies Smile. Also, the game mechanics are a bit luck based, which tends to put people off. As for magic, i know i've said this already, but i don't like the mechanics of the game (the whole mana thing just doesn't appeal to me, as well as being able to block with wienies and take no damage unless they have trample) I feel like that's what keeps people away from magic, not the meta thing.
Back to top Go down
MoondarSaebjorn
Admin
MoondarSaebjorn

Character Info
Moondar Character:
DHalo character:

PostSubject: Re: Acquired skill vs set skill.   Acquired skill vs set skill. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 11:31 pm

vangaurd ur right ik nothing about, MTG its mostly the mana thing not so much the damage system. though its still pretty popular, i actually think its a bit close between yugioh's and mtg's popularity. yugioh prob has more but mtg still has alot of ppl
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Acquired skill vs set skill.   Acquired skill vs set skill. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 10:26 pm

Nah, magic is way more popular than yugioh, if you go to an average magic tournament, theres like 20-25 ppl there, at yugioh its maybe 10-15, of course, i live near 2 card shops and go to the less popular one, but I think it scales
Back to top Go down
MoondarSaebjorn
Admin
MoondarSaebjorn

Character Info
Moondar Character:
DHalo character:

PostSubject: Re: Acquired skill vs set skill.   Acquired skill vs set skill. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 10:35 pm

really? everytime i go to dollies card store its quite different. on MTG tournament days its a bit busier than usual but on yugioh tournament days. OH NO PEOPLE ARE OUTSIDE THE SHOP CUZ THERE'S NO ROOM! anyway so ya, back to talking about skill. i like making decks mainly to see if it is possible to have a non-archetype, non-meta match and still have good decks. But sadly meta is just too op so if i don't add cards to break the combo i lose, but then that makes the deck itself not generally good in most cases. ive only had one successful deck and it's not able to face most meta, but it can handle archetypes. since it's not an archetype it's actually alot harder to use cuz there isn't just one set op combo like in meta or the archetypes (that aren't so op). I would actually like to ask everyone to attempt to make a non-archetype, non-meta deck to see how much harder the game becomes when you do so. it's not by much but the difficulty still increases as it prob won't be AS good as most decks. Dhalo srry but i won't let you include your dark pal as we all know its a shining example of a good deck. king
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Acquired skill vs set skill.   Acquired skill vs set skill. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RGEnriseAcademy :: Deck Vault And Articles-
Jump to: